Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whew!!

    Talk about chaos lately!  I think my last post was about little E getting sick and it hasn't slowed down since then! 
    I've been taking a class the past two weeks to earn credits toward license renewal.  It's not so bad, I guess, except a little on the annoying side that we have to pay someone else to take up our vacation time.  Oh, and it's amazing how many people stay teacher butt-kissers even as adults.
    After not much activity, we have had showing after showing for the house in the past week.  Showings are always stressful, too.  Trying to make sure the house is perfect while getting yourself, two kids, and two dogs ready and out of the house in the morning can be a little challenging.
   I had Parker at urgent care yesterday after his temp kept creeping higher and higher, even with Advil.  By the time we got to the office it was 103.2.  HOLY FEVER!!  He got some antibiotics and, after getting his fever to come down a little bit, was starting to feel better.  He made sure to remind me that the doc said "ice cream, popcicles, and juice, mommy".  P and I didn't get much sleep last night while he still battled temps over 102, but he is much better today!  Thank goodness!
    And as for Emersen...I am questioning whether we have entered terrible twos early, or something else is going on.  This usually cheerful, friendly little one is a total grouch!  You know those times I talked about losing my patience?  This is one of those times.  I don't think there is a second in the day she isn't whining, screaming "no", or crying about something.  Don't even think about bedtime or bath!  She used to love both and never protested!  Ever since getting sick last week she hasn't been the same.  I don't get it!
  I'm really looking forward to my last day of class tomorrow, some time with my family, 4th of July festivities and some sun!  There aren't too many stressful weeks that can't be cured by those, right?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment