Wednesday, June 15, 2011

People are awesome

I have witnessed some pretty amazing things in the past few days that I think are worth the sharing. 

I saw a male/female riding a bike down a busy street in town wearing a head to toe black spandex unitard.  Like, face totally covered.  I wish I had a picture so I could share the humor in the sighting.

There was a young mom at the soccer fields with THE BIGGEST tattoo-covered muffin top hanging out of her teeny jean shorts.  You know those kids puzzles that you can mix and match the face, middle, and legs of different people slash animals?  It was like that because her legs were uber skinny underneath that muffin.

There was a tornado warning out when the kiddos and I were at the library and they made us go into this small room with the other people to wait out the storm.  There was a guy there that reminded me of a character from Napoleon Dynamite that latched on to us right away.  He started chatting about the kids and went directly into his newfound love of the polish club that meets there.  "You don't even have to speak the language.  Sometimes people just bring artifacts from Poland and show them.  It's so great!"  I felt a little guilty that I lacked his enthusiasm.

Ok, so this one wasn't in the last few days, but I had a mom of a little one in my class write me a note requesting bathroom breaks whenever her child needed.  She proceeded to tell me IN DETAIL how her little angel had become constipated, was given a laxative, and would probably need to use the restroom suddenly.  Umm, sick.  But awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment